Tuesday, July 1, 2008

who we are

"Our children learn more from who we are than what we do."
that is a quote from a high council speaker who spoke in my ward two weeks ago and i have been repeating it over and over in my head ever since. at first i was a little taken back when i heard this quote: of course it matters what we do! but he didn't say it didn't matter, he just said children learn more from who we are. it's true. looking back on my childhood i don't remember what stories my parents read me or all the games we played, but i do remember the type of people my parents were. i still notice the type of people my parents are.
the best way to prepare to be a parent or to become a better parent is to work on bettering yourself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that was a great observation...