Wednesday, February 27, 2008

my life is a gift

i am getting ready to go here (it will be my first time going to the new rexburg temple)
for some guidance and inspiration. i have really been wanting to go, but it is only open for baptisms (without a group reservation) from 11-4 each week day and i get off work at 4. i was considering using vacation time so i could get off work to go. well, today it was very slow at work and they were asking for volunteers to go home. i was able to get off, so now i have a chance to go!!! so i went home and got my things together and when i got in the car i heard a beautiful instrumental arrangement of this primary song, and even though primary was a long time ago the words came right to my mind--they were exactly what i needed to hear:
l
lMy life is a gift; my life has a plan.
My life has a purpose; in heav’n it began.
My choice was to come to this lovely home on earth
And seek for God’s light to direct me from birth.
I will follow God’s plan for me,
Holding fast to his word and his love.
I will work, and I will pray;
I will always walk in his way.
Then I will be happy on earth
And in my home above.
(I will follow God's Plan, pg. 164-65)
l
i love the tender mercies of the lord.

No comments: